Sunday, July 25, 2010

How Would You React?

I want this girl for my Secretary of Education.
I am now accomplishing that goal. I am graduating. I should look at this as a positive experience, especially being at the top of my class. However, in retrospect, I cannot say that I am any more intelligent than my peers. I can attest that I am only the best at doing what I am told and working the system. Yet, here I stand, and I am supposed to be proud that I have completed this period of indoctrination. I will leave in the fall to go on to the next phase expected of me, in order to receive a paper document that certifies that I am capable of work. But I contest that I am a human being, a thinker, an adventurer - not a worker. A worker is someone who is trapped within repetition - a slave of the system set up before him. But now, I have successfully shown that I was the best slave.

1 comment:

Mrs. Tenkely said...

You and me both! Incredible insight for someone who is being hailed for the way that she fit into the system. She would make an excellent secretary of education!

My Menu