Thursday, February 11, 2010

Does It Matter??

We start a new trimester on Tuesday. I am teaching a second section of Astronomy and have been playing with my outline.

This trimester, I taught the course in the order I normally do. I start close to home with the Moon and Sun and then move further and further away from Earth. We end the term discussing the galaxies, our Local Group and then get into the search for life.

For some inexplicable reason, I am toying with the idea of starting way out and moving in closer. I require my kids to complete an observation notebook as a part of the final, and I think this is where my indecision is starting. You have to have an idea of what to observe if you want to record it in a notebook.

So I think I will shake things up a bit (for me, not so much them). I am going to start with the big picture and bring home into focus at the end.

I think.

I need to stop doing things like this.

No comments:

My Menu