Monday, January 25, 2010

Working My Way Back

The thing is, I have been struggling this year. Every time I go to write about it, I just feel like I am complaining. I hate that feeling. I don't want to complain. I don't want to hate my job. I also don't want YOU to think I hate my job.

Truth is, I don't think I am doing it right. I don't feel like my kids are engaged or even remotely interested in what I have to teach them. What's more, I don't feel motivated to make it interesting to them.

How do I make them want to be here?

How do I make them see the beauty of the world around them?

I want them to be involved in their own education. I want (need) to set up a classroom where everyone is successful.

I am trying a few new things this year. Some have been good. Some I love, but the kids hate (too bad). Some I just don't feel like I am going in the right direction.

So here's my plan. Every day is a reflection. This is where it will happen. If I have to rant, so be it. At least I can see where the source of my problems lie. With any luck, it will take a turn for the positive and be a place for me to get back to loving my job.

No comments:

My Menu